Our History @ Glad Tidings
Serving the Lower Mainland since 1927
Soup Kitchen - 1927
Glad Tidings began as a soup kitchen on a second floor of a wooden structured store on 184 West Cordova Street by Elder Maddaford in 1927 and quickly gathered a small congregation.
Healing & Missions- 1947
We purchased the YMCA building at 590 Cambie Street and remodelled it into a chruch. Revival fell and primary missions were established in Taiwan, the Canadian Arctic, Uganda and Mexico as well as other numerous fields.
3456 Fraser Street- 1962
The first building on the Fraser Street site was dedicated in 1963.
3456 Fraser Street- 1978
The current building on the 18th and Fraser Street dedicated in 1978.